S6700 Series 10G Switches
Huawei's S6700 Switches deliver high-performance 10 GE switching and forwarding; fully compatible with Huawei's Versatile Routing Platform software (VRP5), with built-in reliability and intelligent management features.
Advanced switching architecture and line-card buffering, with energy-efficient electronics and dynamic power management ensure smooth, sustained performance. Add capacity when and where needed - SFP+ fiber optic service ports and Huawei's iStack virtualization let you add ports and capacity in the same rack or another rack with no impact on the network or any user. Cost-effective fault tolerance - Integrated VRRP support lets you use two S6700 switches to ensure non-stop communications; ECMP support enables multiple equal-cost routes to upstream devices with automatic switching when an active route is unavailable.
Combine with Huawei S9700 or S7700 Routing Switches in large-scale enterprise campus environments, or use as a core switch in a smaller campus or branch offices. Supports wired and wireless application bandwidth needs.
Highly scalable 10 GE ports with comprehensive onboard management and security features make the S6700 a flexible switch for use as an access device or core switch in a campus network. Combine with Huawei S5700 Gigabit Switches for cost-effective, energy-efficient support of server-based applications.
Typical Deployment Scenarios
S6700 Switches Provide High-density 10 GE Server Access in an Internet Data Center
Highlights – Features and Benefits
Build a high-density 10 GE network with resilient, rock-solid S6700 Series Switches
Large-capacity, high-density 10 Gbit/s access
S6700 delivers the highest density of all 10 GE ports and features the largest switching capacity among its counterparts. Each S6700 provides a maximum of 48 x 10 GE ports.
- Provide 1 GE and 10 GE access
- Automatically identifies optical module types, maximizing ROI and allowing users to flexibly deploy services.
- Large buffering capacity and advanced scheduling to ensure non-block transmission during high data center traffic volume.
Comprehensive security policies
The S6700 provides multiple security measures to defend against Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, as well as attacks against networks or users.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, which discards invalid packets that do not match any binding entries, such as Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) and IP spoofing packets. Connect to a DHCP server to protect against bogus DHCP server attacks.
- ARP learning support to prevent attacks that exhaust ARP entries.
- Centralized MAC address authentication and 802.1x authentication.
The S6700 supports redundant power supplies. Choose single or double power supplies, or use S6700 Switches to optimize reliability. With two fans, the S6700 has a longer MTBF time than counterpart switches.
- Enhanced Trunk (E-Trunk) support. In redundant configuration, E-Trunk protects the links between Customer Edge (CE) and Provider Edge (PE) systems and provides backup between the PEs. E-trunk enhances link reliability between devices.
- Smart Ethernet Protection (SEP) protocol – a ring network protocol applied to the link layer on an Ethernet network.
- Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS), also referred to as G.8032 – supports various services and allows flexible networking, helping customers build a network with lower OPEX and CAPEX.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) – provides reliable, non-stop communications. Multiple equal-cost routes to upstream devices provide route redundancy. When an active route is unreachable, traffic is switched to a backup route.
Enhanced QoS control mechanism
The S6700 implements complex traffic classification based on packet information, such as the 5-tuple, IP preference, ToS, DSCP, IP protocol type, ICMP type, TCP source port, VLAN ID, Ethernet protocol type, and CoS. Access Control Lists (ACLs) can be applied to inbound or outbound directions on an interface.
Huawei iStack technology allows switches that are far apart to form a stack. Configure a port on the S6700 as a stack port; the distance between stacked switches can be further increased when the switches are connected with optical fibers.
The S6700 supports automatic configuration, plug-and-play deployment using a USB flash drive, and batch remote upgrades. These capabilities simplify device management and maintenance, and reduce maintenance costs.
- SNMP v1/v2/v3 provides flexible methods for managing devices – Command Line Interface (CLI) and web-based Network Management System (NMS).
- Network Quality Analyzer (NQA) for network planning and upgrades.
- NTP, SSH v2, HWTACACS, RMON, log hosts, and port-based traffic statistics.
- GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) for dynamic provisioning of VLAN attributes to reduce network administrator workloads and ensure correct VLAN configuration.
- Multiplex VLAN (MUX VLAN) for isolating Layer 2 traffic between interfaces in a VLAN.
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) provides millisecond-level fault detection for protocols, such as OSPF, IS-IS, VRRP, and PIM, to improve network reliability.
Various IPv6 features
- IPv4/IPv6 dual stack, IPv6 over IPv4 tunnels (including manual tunnels, 6to4 tunnels, and ISATAP tunnels), and Layer 3 line-speed forwarding.
- IPv6 routing protocols including RIPng and OSPFv3.
|Port||24* GE SFP/10 GE SFP+ ports||48* GE SFP/10 GE SFP+ ports|
|MAC address table||128K MAC address entries
MAC address learning and aging
Static, dynamic, and blackhole MAC address entries
Packet filtering based on source MAC addresses
Guest VLAN and voice VLAN
VLAN assignment based on MAC addresses, protocols, IP subnets, policies, and ports
1:1 and N:1 VLAN Mapping
QinQ and selective QinQ
|IPv4 routing||Static routing, RIPv1, RIPv2, ECMP, and URPF
OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP
|IPv6 routing||Static route
|IPv6 features||Neighbor Discovery (ND)
IPv6 ping, IPv6 tracert, and IPv6 Telnet
6to4 tunnel, ISATAP tunnel, and manually configured tunnel
ACLs based on the source IPv6 address, destination IPv6 address, Layer 4 ports, or protocol type
MLD v1/v2 snooping
|multicast||Static Layer 2 multicast MAC address
MAC-based multicast forwarding
IGMP snooping and IGMP fast leave
Port-based multicast traffic statistics
PIM-SM, PIM-DM, and PIM-SSM
|QoS/ACL||Rate limiting on packets sent and received by an interface
Port-based traffic policing and two-rate three-color CAR
Eight queues on each port
WRR, DRR, SP, WRR+SP, and DRR+SP queue scheduling algorithms
Re-marking of the 802.1p priority and DSCP priority
Packet filtering at Layer 2 to Layer 4, filtering out invalid frames based on the source MAC address, destination MAC address, source IP address, destination IP address, port number, protocol type, and VLAN ID
Rate limiting in each queue and traffic shaping on ports
|Reliability||STP(IEEE 802.1d), RSTP(IEEE 802.1w), and MSTP(IEEE 802.1s)
BPDU protection, root protection, and loop protection
RRPP ring topology and RRPP multi-instance
Smart Link tree topology and Smart Link multi-instance, providing the millisecond-level protection switchover
BFD for OSPF, BFD for IS-IS, BFD for VRRP, and BFD for PIM
|Security||DoS attack defense, ARP attack defense, and ICMP attack defense
802.1x authentication and limit on the number of users on an interface
AAA authentication, RADIUS authentication and TACACS authentication
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS)
Blacklist and whitelist
|Management and maintenance||iStack (using service ports as stack ports)
MAC Forced Forwarding (MFF)
Virtual cable test
Ethernet OAM (IEEE 802.3ah and 802.1ag)
System logs and alarms of different levels
|Interoperability||Supports VBST (Compatible with PVST/PVST+/RPVST)|
|Supports LNP (Similar to DTP)|
|Supports VCMP (Similar to VTP)|
|Operating environment||Operating temperature: 0OC–45OC
Relative humidity: 5%–95% (non-condensing)
Rated voltage range: 100 V to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
Maximum voltage range: 90 V to 264 V AC, 50/60 Hz
Rated voltage range: –48 V to –60 V, DC
Maximum voltage range: –36 V to –72 V, DC
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||442 mm x 420 mm x 43.6 mm|
- The product information may contain the product functions provided in future. For the actual product specifications, contact Huawei local sales office.
Find technical documentation, updates, and more online. Webpage links will open in new window or tab.
Login required for most items.
Product Documentation (Downloads and Webpages)
Compare all Huawei Sx700 Campus Switches
S6700 V200R001C00 Product Documentation – Library Version 05 (webpage) S6700 V200R001C01 Product Documentation – Library Version 02 (webpage) S6700 V100R006C00 Product Documentation – Library Version 05 (webpage)
Download PDFs for more information.
- HUAWEI VPLS Technology White Paper (PDF)
- Smart Link & Monitor Link Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI IP Networks Security White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI MSTP Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI Multicast Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI VLAN and QinQ Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI Synchronous Ethernet and IEEE 1588v2 Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI VLL Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI MPLS OAM Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI Port Security Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI Smart Link & Monitor Link Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI Netstream Traffic Statistics and Analysis White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) White Paper (PDF)
Technology for virtualization of multiple routing switches for high resiliency and responsive support for high-bandwidth IP-based services .
- HUAWEI sFlow Technology White paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI NAC Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI iStack Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI IPSG Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI Energy Saving Technology White Paper (PDF)
- ISSU Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI DHCP Snooping Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI BFD Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI CSS Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI ARP Security Technology White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI CloudEngine Switch iStack White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI CloudEngine Switch nCenter White Paper (PDF)
- HUAWEI Sx700 Switch REACH Certificate Report (RAR)
- HUAWEI Sx700 Switch CCC Certificate Report (RAR)
- HUAWEI Sx700 Switch CB Certificate Report (RAR)
- HUAWEI Sx700 Switch GS Certificate Report (RAR)
- HUAWEI Sx700 Switch CE Certificate Report (ZIP)
- HUAWEI Sx700 Switch UL Certificate Report (RAR)
- HUAWEI Sx700 Switches RoHS Certificate Report (RAR)
- HUAWEI Sx700 Switches IPv6 Ready Certificate Report (PDF)
- HUAWEI S6700 Series 10 GE Switch Data Sheet (PDF)
- Quick Reference Guide – Compare all Huawei Enterprise Campus (PDF)
Cloud Computing and campus network design for the enterprise – history and architectural factors; building an agile, service-oriented network.
- HUAWEI Sx700 Series – Fast Future-proof Ethernet Switches (PDF)
High-level technical overview of 10 GE network architecture and topologies.
- HUAWEI S6700 Series High-level Configuration and Ordering Guide (PDF)