The OceanStor S2200T storage system (S2200T) is a next-generation, cost-effective storage product designed for enterprises’ entry-level storage applications. It features industry-leading hardware specifications and incorporates advanced technologies including enriched interfaces, hot-swappable I/O modules, system performance optimization, and diversified data protection. It also can meet increasingly complex requirements for applications such as database OLTP/OLAP, digital media, video surveillance, centralized storage, backup, disaster recovery, and data migration — without compromising service security and continuity.
High Flexibility and Scalability
- Industry-leading hardware specifications: 64-bit multi-core processors and high-speed caches. Up to 32 GB bandwidth for internal data exchange and SAS 2.0 wide port backend channels. Eliminating hardware bottlenecks.
- Multiple disk types: SSD, SAS, NL SAS, and SATA disks for on-demand configuration.
- Multiple host connectivity: iSCSI and FC host interfaces and intermixed FC SAN and IP SAN networking increase storage resource sharing, IT infrastructure utilization, and cost-effectiveness.
- Scalability: meets the capacity expansion requirements of small- and medium-sized businesses with up to 20 x 1 Gbit/s iSCSI ports or 16 x 8 Gbit/s FC ports, and up to 512 hosts with a maximum of 204 hard disks.
High Reliability and Availability
- I/O module hot swap: hot-swappable controllers, fans, power supplies, I/O modules, BBUs, and disk modules do not affect ongoing services. Also supports online expansion of I/O modules.
- Power failure protection: embedded battery modules automatically flush cache data into coffer disks for protection during unexpected power failures.
- Disk pre-copy technology: proactively checks for failing disks and migrates data for protection, reducing the risk of system degradation and data loss.
- Advanced data protection technologies: an extensive set of data protection measures — HyperImage and Host Agent for instant snapshot and data recovery, HyperCopy for local data backup and recovery, and HyperMirror for remote data backup and disaster recovery.
Outstanding Efficiency, Economy, and Ease-of-Use
- Affordable: the S2200T offers the performance, scalability, and features of mid-range storage systems at an affordable entry-level price.
- Scale on-demand: on-demand expansion, starting from a minimum initial configuration, enables users to scale up to 204 hard disks to meet increasing and complicated storage capacity requirements.
- Easy-to-use management and maintenance tools: users can complete S2200T basic configuration in just five steps with the Integrated System Manager (ISM). The ISM also provides alarm notification by sound, indicator, SMS, and email, as well as one-click online firmware upgrades that reduce operating costs.
- Disk spin down: automatic disk spin down of idle disks can lower overall power consumption by approximately 40 percent.
- 16-level intelligent fan speed control: intelligently tunes the fans’ power consumption and noise by adjusting their rotational speeds to adapt to the environment.
- Intelligent CPU frequency control: automatically adjusts the CPU’s operating frequency to the workload, lowering overall power consumption.
- Economical power supplies: AC power supplies for varied power requirements.
|Storage processor||Multi-core processors|
|Cache capacity||For dual controllers: 4 GB or 8GB|
|Number of controllers||Dual controllers|
|Maximum number of hard disks supported by the controller enclosure||
Twelve 3.5-inch hard disks or twenty-four 2.5-inch hard disks
|Front-end port types||
8 Gbit/s FC or 1 Gbit/s iSCSI or 10 Gbit/s TOE*Only 8GB Cache controllers can support 10 Gbit/s TOE
|Back-end port types||SAS 2.0 wide port|
For 3.5-inch hard disks dual controllers: 12 x 1 Gbit/s iSCSI port + 8 x 8 Gbit/s FC port or 8 x 1 Gbit/s iSCSI port or 8 x 10 Gbit/s TOE port
|Maximum supported number of disk||204|
|Supported disk types||SSD, SAS, NL SAS, SATA|
|RAID levels||0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50|
|Maximum number of snapshots||256|
|Maximum number of LUNs||512|
|Maximum number of Hosts||FC Port: 512, iSCSI Port: 256|
SmartCache, DiskGuard(Host data protection software), UltraPath (Multi-pathing software).
|Supported operating systems||AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, Windows|
|Power supply||AC: 100 V to 127 V or 200 V to 240 V|
|Power consumption||2U controller enclosure (fully configured with 600 GB SAS disks) ≤ 365W
4U disk enclosure (fully configured with 600 GB SAS disks) ≤527W
2U controller enclosure: 86.1 mm x 446 mm x 582 mm
|Weight||Controller enclosure ≤ 22.98kg
Disk enclosure ≤ 25.2kg
Operating ambient temperature
5°C to 40°C (altitude < 1800 m), 5°C to 30°C (altitude = 1800 m to 3000 m)
Operating ambient humidity
5% RH to 90% RH (non-condensing)