OceanStor S2600T/ S5500T/ S5600T /S5800T
Huawei OceanStor T series unified storage system (T series) is a new-generation storage product for mid-range and high-end storage applications. It boasts integration of block-level and file-level data storage, support for a variety of storage protocols, and GUI-based central storage management. Delivering leading performance, enhanced efficiency, maximized return on investment, and all-in-one solutions, the T series is ideally applicable to scenarios such as large-database OLTP/OLAP, high-performance computing, digital media, Internet applications, central storage, backup, disaster recovery, and data migration.
Huawei OceanStor T series unified storage system is a new-generation storage product for mid-range and high-end storage applications. It boasts integration of block-level and file-level data storage, support for a variety of storage protocols, and GUI-based central storage management. Delivering leading performance, enhanced efficiency, maximized return on investment, and all-in-one solutions, the T series is ideally applicable to scenarios such as large-database OLTP/OLAP, high-performance computing, digital media, Internet applications, central storage, backup, disaster recovery, and data migration.
- Unified SAN and NAS: Supports SAN and NAS storage protocols, structured and non-structured data within one storage system.
- Unified protocols: Compatible with various storage networks and protocols, including iSCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS, HTTP, and FTP.
- GUI-based central storage management: Provides a graphical user interface for central management of files and data blocks. The wizards guide users through every configuration.
Flexibility and Reliability
- Upgrade: Users can easily upgrade block-level storage to unified storage.
- Hot swapping modules: Users can hot-swap controllers, fans, power supplies, I/O modules, and hard disks without compromising ongoing user services.
- Diversified disk types: Supports SAS, NL SAS, SATA, FC and SSD disks, fitting into various scenarios.
- Reliable architecture: Full component redundancy prevents single points of failure. Data coffer and file system mirror improve system reliability.
- Advanced I/O port scalability and flexibility: Supports up to 12 I/O modules with a maximum of 48 I/O ports. Supported I/O port types include 4 Gbps or 8 Gbps FC, 1 Gbps iSCSI, 10 Gbps iSCSI（TOE）,10Gbps FCoE and 6 Gbps SAS ports.
- Data protection: Provides seamless integration with Enterprise Vault and NetBackup to achieve disaster recovery through remote replication.
- Application optimization: HostAgent implements application-level fast backup/recovery and DR verification for mainstream operating systems, such as Oracle, DB2, Exchange Server, and SQL Server.
Economy and Efficiency
- Multi-node clustering: Active-active nodes achieve simultaneous operating among nodes and provide parallel access to data.
- SmartCache acceleration: Improves performance by using SSD as secondary cache. The IOPS could be improved multiple times in mixed workload environment.
- Automatic thin provisioning: HyperThin supports automatic capacity expansion for improved disk utilization so that customers can buy storage devices on demand, reducing the total cost of ownership.
- DST: Dynamic storage tiering (DST) implements transparent bidirectional dynamic data migration between various storage media based on file access frequency or a time policy. It maximizes return on investment.
- Proactive remote service: The up-to-date Cloud Service provides functions of system health check, warning, and alarm notification. The robust troubleshooting expert background minimizes adverse impacts on a system and slashes system downtimes.
|Block Storage Component|
|Storage processor||Multi-core processors|
|Number of controllers||2|
|Front-end port types||8Gbps FC, 1Gbps iSCSI, 10Gbps Iscsi(TOE)||8Gbps FC, 1Gbps iSCSI, 10Gbps iSCSI（TOE）, 10Gbps FCoE|
|Back-end port types||6Gbps SAS 2.0 wide port||6Gbps SAS 2.0 wide port||4Gbps FC, 6Gbps SAS 2.0 wide port||4Gbps FC, 6Gbps SAS 2.0 wide port|
|Number of onboard I/O ports||Front end: 12 x 1 Gbps iSCSI ports;
Back end: 4 x SAS 2.0 wide ports
|Front end: 8 x 8 Gbps Fibre Channel ports;
Back end: 4 x SAS 2.0 wide ports
|Max. number of I/O modules||2||2||10||12|
|Maximum number of disk slots||276||528||1152||1440|
|Supported disk types||SAS, NL SAS, SATA, SSD||SAS, NL SAS, SATA, SSD||SAS, NL SAS, SATA, SSD,FC||SAS, NL SAS, SATA, SSD,FC|
|RAID levels||0,1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50|
|Maximum number of snapshots||256||1024||2048||2048|
|Maximum number of LUNs||2048||4096||4096||8192|
|Functional software||HyperImage (snapshot), HyperCopy (LUN copy), HyperClone (split mirror), HyperMirror (synchronous/asynchronous remote replication), HyperThin (thin provisioning), UltraPath (multipathing), DiskGuard (host-side data protection), SmartCache (dynamic data caching in TurboBoost)|
|File Storage Component|
|Number of file engine nodes||2||2, 4||2,4, 6||2,,4,,6,,8|
|Cache size per node||16GB||16GB||24GB||24GB|
Fiber Channel Ports (per node)
4×8 Gbit/s Ports (Ports connecting block storage units)
Host Ports (per node)
4×2×10 Gbit/sE Ports or
4×4×1 Gbit/sE Ports
Maximum capacity of file
The maximum capacity of a single file system is 256 TB.
Maximum number of files
30 million files per file system
|File software||DST (dynamic storage tiering), Snapshot (file system snapshot), Mirror (file system mirror), Replication (file system remote replication), Symantec NetBackup Client (embedded Symantec network backup client)|
|Protocol||FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, FTP, HTTP|
|Compatible operating system||Including AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, Windows|
|Virtual machine||VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V|
|Value-added feature||VMware VAAI support for VSphere and VCenter integration|
|Power supply||AC: 100 V ～ 127 V, or 200 V ～ 240 V;
DC: –60 V ～ –48 V
|Array power consumption||2 U controller enclosure:
4 U controller enclosure:
|2 U controller enclosure:
2 U disk enclosure:
4 U disk enclosure:
|4 U controller enclosure: ≤598W
2 U disk enclosure: ≤307W
4 U disk enclosure: ≤527W
|File engine power consumption||4 U file engine: ≤ 800W|
|Array dimensions (H%W%D)||2 U controller enclosure: 86.1mm%446mm%582mm||4 U controller enclosure: 175mm%446mm%502mm|
|4 U disk enclosure:
|2 U disk enclosure: 86.1mm%446mm%412mm
4 U disk enclosure: 175mm%446mm%412mm
|File engine dimensions (H%W%D)||4 U, 175mm%446mm%502mm|
|Weight||2U Controller enclosure ≤ 22.98kg
4U Disk enclosure ≤ 25.2kg
|Controller enclosure ≤ 23.9kg
2 U SAS disk enclosure ≤ 14.9kg
4 U SAS disk enclosure≤ 25.2kg
|Controller enclosure ≤ 43.6kg
2 U SAS disk enclosure ≤ 14.9kg
4 U SAS disk enclosure ≤ 25.2kg
4 U FC disk enclosure ≤ 24.9kg