HUAWEI OceanStor 9000 is a storage system intended for big data. Using a symmetric distributed architecture, the OceanStor 9000 delivers cutting-edge performance, large-scale horizontal expansion capabilities, and a super large single file system to provide shared storage for unstructured data. Applicable industries include broadcasting media, satellite Mapping, genetic research, energy exploration, scientific research and education.
- High-speed internal interworking: Interworking is based on a 10GE or 40GE InfiniBand network. TOE and RDMA technologies are supported.
- SSD-based metadata access acceleration: SSDs are used to store metadata, improving metadata access efficiency.
- Global cache: A maximum of 55 TB global cache is supported, increasing the data access hit ratio.
- Dynamic storage tiering: Hotspot data is migrated in a smart manner, improving system performance.
- Intelligent load balancing: Cross-node client connection load balancing is implemented to automatically strike a balance between the capacity and the performance, optimizing cluster resources.
- Flexible expansion: Marvelous seamless expansion of 3 to 288 nodes enables the capacity and performance to be expanded linearly.
- Scale-out architecture: The OceanStor 9000 adopts a scalable share-nothing symmetric distributed architecture.
- Global namespace: A single file system provides a capacity of up to 40 PB.
High Data Reliability
- Data redundancy protection: The highest data reliability and availability in the industry are provided. Full system redundancy is deployed, eliminating a single point of failure.
- Flexible reliability configuration: A directory-based redundancy ratio policy is supported, providing different data protection levels.
- Automatic recovery: Intelligent repair of logical and physical bad sectors and disk precopy are implemented to decrease the disk failure rate.
- Rights management: Access right control on IP, users, or user groups is provided. Storage pools are secure and isolated.
- Flexible space quota: Storage resource thin provisioning is implemented at the directory, user, and user group levels.
- Automatic statistics collection and analysis: Automatic performance statistics collection and analysis enable resources to be used properly.
- Automatic deployment: A software platform is automatically deployed and configured. One-click capacity expansion is implemented, allowing a single node to be expanded within 60 seconds.
|Model||P Node||B Node||C Node|
|System architecture||Symmetric distributed architecture|
|Number of nodes||3 to 288|
|CPU per node||2 x Intel E5 series|
|Cache per node||Standard 48GB, expandable to 192GB||48GB or 32GB|
|Disk type||SSD and SAS disk（Based the actual performance requirements, the SSD/HDD configuration ratio can be adjusted）||SSD SATA and NL SAS disk（Based the actual performance requirements, the SSD/HDD configuration ratio can be adjusted）|
|Number of disks per node||Standard configuration: 4 x 2.5-inch 200 GB SSDs + 21 x 2.5-inch 600 GB SAS disks||Standard configuration: 1 x 3.5-inch 200 GB SSD + 35 x 3.5-inch 4 TB SATA disks||Standard configuration: 3 x 3.5" 200G SSD + 33 x 2TB/4TB SATA or 36 x 2TB/4TB SATA|
|Front-end network type||10GE, 40GE InfiniBand, or 1GE|
|Internal network type||10GE, 40GE InfiniBand, or 1GE|
|Application scenario||OPS-intensive application scenario||High-bandwidth application scenario||Video surveillance scenario|
|Data protection level||N+1, N+2, N+3, and N+4|
|File system||Wushan distributed file system, which supports global namespace and can be dynamically expanded up to 40 PB|
|Value-added feature||Dynamic storage tiering (WiseTier)
Automatic client connection load balancing (WiseLink)
Space quota management (WiseQuota)
|Thin Provisioning||Support for thin provisioning, which does not need to be configured|
|Data self-healing||Automatic, concurrent, and quick data restoration, with the maximum restoration speed of 1 TB/hour|
|System expansion||One-click online expansion, with less than 60 seconds needed for expansion of a single node|
|System management||Rights- and domain-based user management|
|Global cache||Up to 55 TB|
|Supported operating system||Windows, Linux, Mac OS|
|Supported protocol||NFS, CIFS, NIS, Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, and SNMP|
|Alarm notification||Email, SMS, SNMP, and Syslog|
|Free from instant maintenance||Automatic bad disk detection, alarm notification, and centralized batch replacement of bad disks, avoiding instant replacement and reducing manual maintenance|
|Power supply||AC 100 V to 127 V, AC 200 V to 240 V|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||Node||2 U, 86.1 mm x 446 mm x 582 mm (3.39 in. x 17.56 in. x 22.91 in.)||4 U, 175 mm x 446 mm x 582 mm (6.89 in. x 17.56 in. x 22.91 in.)|
|Cabinet||Maximum dimensions: 2000 mm x 600 mm x 1100 mm (78.74 in. x 23.62 in. x 43.31 in.)|
|Weight||Node||Fully loaded with 2.5-inch disks: ≤ 35 kg (77.18 lb)||Fully loaded with 3.5-inch disks: ≤ 70 kg (154.35 lb)|
|Cabinet||Maximum weight when fully loaded with 2 U nodes: 576.7 kg (1271.62 lb)
Maximum weight when fully loaded with 4 U nodes: 725.5 kg (1599.73 lb)
|Average power||≤ 650 W||≤ 1200 W|
|Operating temperature||5–35ºC (41–95ºF) when the altitude ranges from –60 m to +1800 m (–196.85 ft. to +5905.44 ft.)
When the altitude is higher than 1800 m (5905.44 ft. t) but lower than or equal to 3000 m (9842.4 ft.), the ambient temperature drops by 0.6ºC (1.08ºF) for every 100 m (328.08 ft.) altitude increment.
|Operating humidity||20–80% R.H.|