HUAWEI OceanStor 9000 is a storage system intended for big data. Using a symmetric distributed architecture, the OceanStor 9000 delivers cutting-edge performance, large-scale horizontal expansion capabilities, and a super large single file system to provide shared storage for unstructured data. Applicable industries include broadcasting media, satellite Mapping, genetic research, energy exploration, scientific research and education.
- High-speed internal interworking: Interworking is based on a 10GE or 40GE InfiniBand network. TOE and RDMA technologies are supported.
- SSD-based metadata access acceleration: SSDs are used to store metadata, improving metadata access efficiency.
- Global cache: A maximum of 55 TB global cache is supported, increasing the data access hit ratio.
- Dynamic storage tiering: Hotspot data is migrated in a smart manner, improving system performance.
- Intelligent load balancing: Cross-node client connection load balancing is implemented to automatically strike a balance between the capacity and the performance, optimizing cluster resources.
- Flexible expansion: Marvelous seamless expansion of 3 to 288 nodes enables the capacity and performance to be expanded linearly.
- Scale-out architecture: The OceanStor 9000 adopts a scalable share-nothing symmetric distributed architecture.
- Global namespace: A single file system provides a capacity of up to 40 PB.
High Data Reliability
- Data redundancy protection: The highest data reliability and availability in the industry are provided. Full system redundancy is deployed, eliminating a single point of failure.
- Flexible reliability configuration: A directory-based redundancy ratio policy is supported, providing different data protection levels.
- Automatic recovery: Intelligent repair of logical and physical bad sectors and disk precopy are implemented to decrease the disk failure rate.
- Rights management: Access right control on IP, users, or user groups is provided. Storage pools are secure and isolated.
- Flexible space quota: Storage resource thin provisioning is implemented at the directory, user, and user group levels.
- Automatic statistics collection and analysis: Automatic performance statistics collection and analysis enable resources to be used properly.
- Automatic deployment: A software platform is automatically deployed and configured. One-click capacity expansion is implemented, allowing a single node to be expanded within 60 seconds.